Mavic Pro Drone Testing

Check out the video my hubby put together for his new favorite toy. He is really looking forward to motorcycle season to start. It has been really rainy this winter in California. Which is wonderful for our drought issues. But my husband is just dying to get back on his bike. He is going to be doing some pretty awesome road trips this summer and wanted to test out his new drone to get some practice in before hand.

You can tell in the video we were both pretty paranoid about the drone’s safety and ours! But the more practice he gets in, the less we will have to keep an eye on it. We went to a roadway out in the middle of nowhere so we could drive super slow, and wouldn’t have to worry about traffic.

Bridal Shower DIY

love banner

I had the privilege of making the decorations for a dear friends Bridal Shower. I used an old song book to make flowers, flags and heart banners.


The flowers were a variety of sizes, shapes and kinds. It was surprisingly easy to make the flowers, but incredibly time consuming. So I just sat with my little table, hot glue gun and paper in front of the TV each night and marathon-ed old episodes of Survivor while gluing the night away. [Survivor is my guilty pleasure!! Trying to get through all the seasons]

For the flower jars I used old spaghetti mason jars. I painted them with acrylic paint on the inside, leaving about an inch and a half at the bottom unpainted. I took about three layers of acrylic paint to coat it. Once that was dried I used Mod Podge on the bottom and sprinkled glitter to coat.


To decorate the walls I made little paper flags out of the song book pages. One flag had the couples name and the other said ‘True Love”. I strung them with hemp twine and put them in front of some tulle material.

name banner

I also made a sandwich board A-frame sign for the entrances. This was made out of old pallet wood and scrap wood from an old fence. From trash to treasure!


Last but not least I cut out what felt like a million small paper song book hearts. I glued them together on a long string to make garlands to decorate the tents.


Everything turned out super cute and the bride and groom to be were very happy. It was a very budget friendly way to decorate, but incredibly time consuming! All-in-all it was totally worth the time and effort.